I got my bike transferred from Bangalore to Hyderabad.
Here is the procedure. Hope this helps for someone who is interested to transfer their bike.
There are two options.
1. Apply yourself using the following info. NOC application is free of cost. But takes 10-20 days for the NOC to get issued.
2. Go thru an agent. Generally they charge 800 to 1500. You will get NOC in 2-3 days.
The steps are like this.
1. If your vehicle is still in Bangalore, take it to RTO office. They might ask you to show your vehicle. If you have already got it to hyd, u might have to negotiate J with RTO officer
2. Get NOC application form and make 3 copies.
3. You need to do pencil print of your bike chassis number and engine number on each of the application.
4. Duly fill the forms. (Find out whether your hyd residence comes under hyd or Rangareddy or Medak RTO. This is important when you pay road tax in AP)
5. Make sure you have following papers.
a. Driving license
b. RC Book on applicant name
c. Pollution check
File all the papers in a fancy file.
2. Go to Police Commissioner Office and get the form signed. (This ensures that there are no cases on your bike) (2-3 hours). Tell them you need it on the same day and you may have to negotiate J
3. Submit the Police Clearance form back in RTO office. (1 hour)
4. RTO will process your request and issue NOC. (10-20 days)
5. You can use your vehicle for 6 months in hyd without paying road tax in AP.
In Hyderabad, collect all the documents mentioned below.RC Book original
Address proof (Hyderabad) - SBI or nationalized bank statement, Rental agreement copy, ration card, passport, driving license.
6. Submit the NOC and pay road tax in Hyd (or your regional) RTO office. The tax amount will be calculated and told to you by the clerk. You need a DD for the mentioned amount. There will be a shop near to RTO office who sells DDs for 20-50 rupees extra.
Follow this link to calculate the road tax for your vehicle. http://aptransport.org/html/tax_life_personal-vehicel.htm
While requesting for Registration change, along with all above documents Photograph of you with bike (the number plate has to be visible clearly) also needed. You can request for a new fancy number (I am not sure whether they charge extra)Submit the documents. They will verify the documents and ask you to get confirmation from Bangalore RTO that the documents are correct. Visit the RTO office in the morning so that all the work will be done same day. The verification location will be told by RTO officer.
After the verification, submit all documents and collect a receipt that you are waiting for registration transfer.
It will take 45-60 days for the registration to get transferred.
7. Request Bangalore RTO to return road tax since you paid road tax in AP. Do let me know if you get the refund :)
Note: It is strongly advised to sell your bike instead of transferring it to other location (because of the painful procedure), if you are not emotionally attached to your bike.