Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Phishing Attacks - SBI

Today morning I received a mail from alert@onlinesbi.com stating that I need to log-in into my account in order to resolve some error occurred with my account.
This is a
phishing attack.


The attachment has a link to log-in page.
The attachment looks like this.


The link takes you to a phishing site.


Observe that the site address is incorrect.
Correct site address is https://www.onlinesbi.com/

The site is connected to server with normal connection, not a secured connection.

There is no encryption symbol at bottom footer.

So, be careful. Do not open the links given in mail.


2 comments:

  1. I too received the same mail. I was damn sure it was fake because the poor sender doesn't know that I don't have a SBI account. ;) They just assumed that every Indian atleast has a SBI account.

    PS- I googled the mail id and the 1st thing I encountered was your blog. Hence the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too received d same mailin my inbox. beside i dont have any online SBI banking Account.
    and when i paste mail-id on google, i saw ur comment. that make me relax. but in my case the 3rd window is not open properly and showing like this---
    This Account Has Been Suspended.
    Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search