Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sankatahara Chaturdashi

Today sankatahara chaturdashi.

My mom told me to do abhishekam for ganapathi.

Yesterday i inquired my friends and my house owner about the ganapathi temple. My house owner told me that ganpathi temple is very near to our home.

I woke up in the morning 6'o clock (this is the first time that i woke up early in bangalore). I took bath and went to the temple at 6:30.

Poojari came at 6:45 Am. I told him that I want to perform an abhishekam. He told me that he will arrange all the necessary items for abhishekam.

The temple is under construction, vinayaka vigraham is very good. With in 15 minutes poojari arranged all items. He took my family details and gotras to start abhishekam.

He did abhishekam with milk, ghee, chandan, oil, sugar, flowers etc. It was really pleasant time and the temple environment added some more pleasantness. Abhishekam completed at 8:00 Am. I took prasadam and came back home.

I distributed prasadam to my roommates and house owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search